Last week we talked about how a change in my waking time affected my general productivity. If you haven’t seen it, check it out here.
Today, I’m going to give you some tips for a productive day and life, little changes you can make that will affect your life positively. Here we go.
- Get up early in the morning: Of course, we were going to start with the most obvious one, you could get up at 4 am, 5 am, 6 am or even 7 am, it all depends on what works best for you. Just try to get up earlier than you usually do if you have a problem with time and need to get more things done.
- Create a To-do list: Give yourself time to do everything, including time to take a nap and time to scroll mindfully (not mindlessly) through social media.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day even on weekends and vacation.
- Create a routine you enjoy doing, even better, create two, then perform one in the morning once you wake up and one before you go to bed. Make sure it’s something you enjoy.
- Form healthy habits: This could be drinking more water, eating more fruits and veggies or just exercising.
- Read or listen to a book: It could be fiction or non-fiction, whatever you enjoy. It is just unfortunate that society is trying to make us read mostly non-fiction books just because we are ‘adults’. I’d still give anything to be part of Harry Potter’s world or a wizard in Wizards of Waverly Place.
- As soon as something gets your attention, act on it. Don’t procrastinate.
- Tackle dreaded tasks first, this will give you time to relax and work on what you enjoy once you’re done with the more difficult ones.
- Don’t confuse urgency with importance: Distinguish between what’s really important and small tasks that feel like they have to be done right away.
- Learn to say no: Saying no to a new commitment allows you to successfully fulfil your current ones.
- Avoid Multitasking: Multitasking is less productive than doing a single thing at a time contrary to public opinion.
That’s it guys! I hope these tips help you increase your productivity one way or the other. It will mean a lot to me if a hack from here puts a smile on your face in the long run. Till next time, try to live a #productivelife.